Below is an email that turned up in my spam inbox. Sometimes I will have a look at what’s in there just for the fun of it. This email caught my attention and with the time of year that we’re in I thought I’d do a post on fraud. The email is in it’s full unedited form.
It’s the holiday season and now more than ever fraud is happening everywhere. The fraud in this particular email is having goods delivered to your address, and then you repack them and ship them to somewhere else. There are so many red flags with this but here’s the main things you need to be aware of. When someone uses stolen credit information to purchase items the first place that the police or federal authorities are going is the delivery address, your address. Even though you don’t have the goods on premises you can be charged with receiving stolen goods for starters.
The second thing is, how are you going to get your money when you’ve done all these things? By the fraudsters stealing more money to pay you. If you’ve given them your bank details to make things easier, then they could just rob you.
So please be careful when these work from home emails come into your mailbox unsolicited, they are never ever as good as they seem.Be cautious about what you take on for work.
Have a safe and secure week
******************** Fraud Email Alert****************************
Phyllis Frey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mon 11/13/2017, 9:40 AM
We suggest you to apply for a absolutely real home based position in the shipping industry with a paycheck of 2500 USD per month and with no startup costs. The full-time position is provided by a legitimate American mail forwarding firm.
The employer trusts in the work from home techniques, because it provides a chance to decrease warehousing expenses and offer logistics points across the USA.
– Stay at your address to receive packages delivered to your address via UPS/Fedex/USPS within standard working hours from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on a daily basis.
– Download the list of current deliveries, your day to day tasks, and the prepaid shipping labels.
– Review parcels and take and upload pictures of the contents of every parcel.
– Combine shipments in certain cases.
– Resend the mail to customers by printing and applying labels and sending the parcels to the nearest USPS and Fedex sites.
– US citizenship with a postal address.
– Degree is regarded, but not essential.
– Capability to act on your own with minimum supervision.
– Ability to deal with packages up to 25 pounds.
If this role sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply. For this, please answer to this email with your phone number:
– Your contact number
and our HR manager will be happy to get in touch with you.