There are so many good articles out there to help Virtual Assistants, Soloprenures and Small business owners, and this is one example. For the time of year it is very fitting to take the time out to get clarity and prepare for the coming new year and more success.
Hope you enjoy it.
Get Clear! How to Gain Clarity So You Can See More Success – by Sydni Craig-Hart
(Taken from Smart Simple Marketing – www.smartsimplemarketing.com)
Before you take action, you need to get clear. If you are struggling right now, trying to figure out how to market your solutions, how to create more profits and what needs to happen for you to be a more successful entrepreneur, here’s my formula for how you can get clear and take the very next steps you need to take.
- Step back from your business to get a clear view of the situation – It’s hard for most of us to be truly objective about our business. But it’s important to step away regularly and analyze what you’re doing and where you’re headed. Look at your results, your current actions and your goals from an outsider’s perspective.
- Think back to why you started your business in the first place – If you’ve been working at developing your business for some time now, you may have lost touch with why you started. What did you envision success would look like? Is that vision still accurate?
- Consider what you REALLY want NOW – As time goes by it’s inevitable that we grow and change and sometimes our goals change too. It’s completely natural for your current goals to be a little different than your original goals. As you ponder your personal and professional goals, focus on what it is you REALLY want now and what your next level of success looks like.
- Make sure your vision is REALLY yours – It’s easy to chase someone else’s dream or success and convince yourself that this is what you want, too. But I want to encourage you and empower you to be true to yourself. Build your business to fit YOUR life, not someone else’s. You’ll get much better results and have a lot more fun along the way. And be OK if your vision looks a little different from everyone else’s. Thinking differently is a GREAT thing!
- Make a choice – You may have a few different ideas that you want to pursue. It’s very common for an entrepreneur to want to pursue two or more ventures at one time. However, you’ll get the best results when you focus your energy on just ONE endeavor.That doesn’t mean you can’t ever work on the others, but you want to make the commitment to focus your energy and resources to a specific endeavor for a specified amount of time so you can give it your all and really make it happen. If your attention is divided you won’t be giving anything you’re working on your best effort, thus you won’t get the results you’re looking for.
Getting clear on your current goals for your business and clarifying your vision for your future will give you more confidence. You’ll be able to act more quickly and take the next best steps that you need to take in order to increase your profits and make your business a success.
What steps have you made to get clear on YOUR vision and get moving on creating it? Share your ideas in the comments below.
YOUR “TAKE ACTION” PLAN FOR THE END OF THE YEAR:
- Step back from your business. Use an outsider’s perspective to get clarity on how far your business has come and what changes need to be made.
- Evaluate your vision for your business. Are your goals still the same as they were when you first started your business? If not, it’s time to get clear on what you really want and adjust your vision if need be.
- Make a choice. If you have several different irons in the fire right now, choose one project and stick with it for a specific amount of time. You’ll see a lot more progress if you focus your attention.